Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mabon! And The Circle Has No End

 
I want to wish the Blessings of Mabon, The Autumn Equinox, the Second Harvest Festival to all my friends.  An auspicious, a sacred day, and I remember well when I lived back East and celebrated with honey mead and fallen apples, gathered  brilliant red on the brilliant green grass.

Being a person from the dry west, I found it miraculous, amazing, this overwhelming generosity of  Gaia.  Given and given.  I remember in 1990 my friend Rose organized an event in NYC around the Equinox, and I brought a basket of apples I had found  on the ground.  I felt moved to share them, telling the audience  my sense of how sacred that was, these apples,  how important to remember. 

And at the end of the evening I was touched when those tough, sophisticated  New Yorkers took every single one. I sometimes think that was one of the best things I've ever done as a Priestess. 

This morning I woke up singing "The Circle Has No End".  It's not exactly a Mabon Song, but I wanted to share it today, as the Circle Turns.


Raising a glass of cider to all!






1 comment:

Martine said...

Blessed Nabon to you Lauren........